Thursday 22 October 2015

Trench Tales

In 6E we read the diary of a soldier in WW1.  We then used his ideas to write our own WW1 diaries.  Here is Milana's.

October 29th 1915
I have just arrived in France. There are not many soldiers here. Everyone tells me that the German soldiers keep killing ours; I feel kind of scared now.

On the boat, on the way here, I met a kind guy named Charman. We were both terrified and excited. Our sergeant is Sergeant Lightning, who is a bit more terrifying than death.

I hope we will have a good place to sleep in. Sometimes I think it will never be like I think it’s going to be. I hope I will go home soon. It is terrifying here.

-Squirt

November 1st 1915
The sky has been a dark shadow for as long as I can remember; I don’t even think I can remember when it started. At night, crouching in a ball, I remember the great times I had in the British summers. Last summer I ate ice cream with my family; I really wish they were with me right now. Now I can only taste my disgusting breath in my mouth.

Charman is developing trench foot. Each day it is getting worse and worse. When he takes off his shoe you can see his slimy rotten foot falling apart. I don’t think he will survive much longer.


-Squirt 

No comments:

Post a Comment